30 June - 2 July 2019
10 Different Session Formats
"DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHIATRY IN A GLOBALIZED WORLD"
The Congress is held under the honorary auspices of the President of the Federal Republic of Austria,
Dr. Alexander Van der Bellen
The Abstract submission is now closed!
All Submitters will be informed in time for early bird registration.
Apply for Scholarships now!
Grant for scholarships for attendees of the ESCAP-congress 2019
The Austrian Society of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry has asked a number of gracious people, whether they would be interested in helping young researchers and clinicians in-training for child and adolescent psychiatry from certain European countries.
They kindly offered to help with sponsoring these colleagues so that they can attend the ESCAP-Congress Vienna 2019.
The awardees will be reimbursed with 1000€ (including registration fees) each.
At the moment 10 scholarships are available.
Who is entitled to apply for sponsorship?
Criteria (all 3 must apply) :
- Doctors in-training for child and adolescent psychiatry
- Age below 40 yrs.
- Resident of the following countries:
Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belorussia, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Moldavia, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic
Applicants should apply with a short letter of interest stating in which hospital/university they are currently in training and submit that via an email with the subject "Scholarship application" to email@example.com until February 12, 2019.
Course of action:
- The applicant needs to register for the congress and pay the dues.
- The ÖGKJP decides who are the applicants to be supported.
- The applicant will be informed about acceptance and reimbursed at the congress counter.
- The name of the supported scholars will be announced in the program/website.
Organizing the ESCAP congress
Professor Andreas Karwautz video interview on organising the ESCAP Vienna 2019 event.
Why you should attend the ESCAP Congress
Just the ESCAP congress in itself is a good enough reason to come to Vienna, but here congress president Andreas Karwautz gives you even more reasons and what's on offer at the ESCAP Vienna 2019 congress.
Your benefits of Participating in the ESCAP 2019 congress
- Take innumerous opportunities to meet and discuss with the world's leading experts and colleagues from all over the world.
- Learn about the latest developments in the field.
- Participate in the Annual Business meeting.
- Experience Vienna as a multicultural city.
- Learn more of the major role of Vienna in the history of psychiatry and psychotherapy
- Seize the opportunity of attending a conference in the middle of historic Vienna in walking distance to all important sights.
- Enjoy a festive evening in the Vienna City Hall hosted by the Mayor of Vienna.
We are very happy to invite you to the upcoming 18th Congress of the "European Society for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (ESCAP)" in the Imperial Palace - Hofburg in the city centre of Vienna from June 30 to July 2, 2019.
ESCAP jointly organizes this congress with the “Verein zur Förderung der Kinder- und Jugendpsychiatrie in Österreich (ÖVF-KJPP)” on behalf of the “Austrian Society for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics, and Psychotherapy (ÖGKJP)” in Vienna. We combine our efforts from all over Europe and abroad to shape a program covering a wide range of topics appealing to both clinicians and researchers. We wish to stimulate exchange based on novel research and treatments.
Vienna has been a multi-cultural city for centuries with an outstanding history in psychiatry and psychotherapy rendering the city an ideal location for this international meeting of child and adolescent mental health professionals.
The program will particularly focus on the development of etiological, diagnostic, and treatment related aspects of mental disorders and symptoms in young people. A major global challenge is to shape developmentally based multimodal treatments and prevention strategies for children and adolescents in multiethnic societies. Child and adolescent psychiatry needs to provide answers within this world of change and challenges.
Seize the opportunity of attending a conference in the middle of historic Vienna in walking distance to all important sights.
Welcome to Vienna!
Prof. Andreas Karwautz,
ESCAP Vienna 2019